Installation of LiFi in a nursery school
The democratization of LiFi in the service of education continues apace: Oledcomm has installed a LiFi system in the Chantefleur nursery school in L’Isle-Adam (France). The school becomes the first kindergarten in the Paris region to be equipped with this technology. This is a symbolic step forward for LiFi and for the education sector and promises to open up new educational opportunities.
The challenges of digital technology for education
Accelerated by the health crisis, the development of the use of digital technology for educational purposes has become a central issue in education. In a world that is evolving towards more and more digitalization, it has become essential to provide children with new tools that allow them to develop skills related to digital technology.
However, if the will of decision-makers to set up such devices was not lacking, obstacles hindered this approach until now.
The Abeille law on sobriety, transparency, information and consultation in terms of exposure to electromagnetic waves, enacted in 2015, notably banned the use of WiFi in areas reserved for reception, rest and activities within establishments hosting children under 3 years old.
This regulation is part of a context of concern about the radiofrequency waves used by WiFi, whose health effects raise questions and worries, especially among fragile people and young children, whose brains are still developing.
More than a simple ban, the Abeille law is a legitimate incentive to look for alternative technologies to WiFi where radio waves are a problem. That’s where LiFi, a light-based Internet connection technology, comes in.
The advantages of LiFi in kindergarten
If the Chantefleur kindergarten decided to take the plunge and equip its classrooms with a LiFi installation, it is because this technology is an ultra-efficient, healthy, reliable and regulatory alternative to traditional technologies.
– LiFi works without radio waves and therefore meets the current public health challenges by allowing children to evolve in a healthy environment.
– It consumes about 50% less electricity than traditional technologies and is therefore also part of the sustainable development approach of communities.
– LiFi allows children, and even toddlers, to safely access a fun way to approach certain subjects in their learning.
– Thanks to its ultra-fast and latency-free connection, LiFi gives teachers the opportunity to set up rich and varied educational activities without health risks, but also to communicate with parents and other students.
– The LiFiMAXTab tablet with integrated LiFi is easy for children to use. It is wireless, allowing students to communicate with each other and other classes in the school to benefit from LiFi, even if they don’t have an installation.
– Thanks to this diversification of teaching aids, children who have difficulty with paper-based materials (due to visual or learning disabilities, for example) now have additional, more accessible channels for developing their skills.
– Installing a LiFi system in the classroom is quick, simple and discreet. There is no need to consider major work and make the room inaccessible for several days: it takes only one afternoon to equip a room!